we do not have the means of established brands, but we have the wonderful opportunity to start from a blank page and decide today to create a model that addresses the extreme complexity imposed on us by the challenges of our time :
enjoy our passion without damaging our playground
- should we develop a 3rd bib short or rather a rain jacket?
- do you need straps that cross at the back or rather a mesh insert to keep them in the right position?
- should we buy black or navy blue fabric for the next gravel jerseys?
we are convinced that it is by involving you in our product development that we will be able to offer a consistent and clear offer that really meets the expectations of cyclists
2. eco-friendly materials
what is a sustainable fabric?
this subject gives us the biggest headaches: natural, synthetic, artificial, bio-sourced fibres? bio-degradable? virgin or recycled?
what damages the planet and those who produce it the least?
we choose materials that are produced locally, in order to reduce the distances travelled and to be able to see with our own eyes the factories, and the workshops and to meet with our interlocutors physically
the planet no longer has the means to support the classic model which corresponds to producing in large quantities to benefit from the lowest prices, before selling its stocks at all costs (sic!)
we propose to reverse things: sell first and then produce, the corresponding quantities, no more, no less
and then it's so nice to feel this impatience again and to be eager for the package (sustainable too!) to finally arrive!
4. local production
to prevent clothes from travelling around the world before getting in your wardrobe!
the fabrics we have selected for the hypernature! collection are produced in Ardèche before being sent to the Lyon suburbs where our clothing workshop is located
being able to visit our suppliers, ensuring that we share the same taste for things well done, that the working conditions are good and making our suppliers aware of our philosophy are essential elements when choosing our partners
5. lean operations
minimize the environmental impact of our operations at every stage: design, production, storage, packaging, delivery, returns...
for example :
- carry out the product design and the prototyping phases on the computer to avoid using materials and AR with the workshops
- collaborate with clothing workshops that knit in 3D from the digital pattern to avoid cuts, scraps
- find the right compromise "pleasant unboxing" & sobriety in our packaging
- give you the choice of the type of package (reusable, recycled, etc...) and delivery (bicycle, relay point, home, etc...)
6. long lasting use
the best way to reduce the environmental bill of your wardrobe is to keep your clothes longer
at earthbeat, the lifespan and the number of lives of our products are key elements that feed the very first inspirations and guide our choices of materials and assembly techniques
we also offer a crash&repair service and a 2nd life for products when the time has come for you to part with them